ponedjeljak, 4. srpnja 2011.

Best linux distribution for Asus EEE PC (900)

I had my Asus EEE pc 900 lying around and almost never used it, because it was slow while running Windows XP. So I decided to try some linux distribution. I found #! ( http://crunchbanglinux.org/ )and I was a bit sceptical at first. I installed it on my 4 GB SD card. I installed it from USB stick which I created with unetbootin ( http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ ).
Installation passed without a problem and all hardware was detected (Wow!!! :)
Because it is based on debian, apt-get work also.
I used liquorix kernel that setup offers to install.
My web n walk stick for broadband internet works out of the box :)
Wine works perfectly ( I needed for Mikrotik managing program winbox.exe , even mac detect devices (wow) )
Only little problem I found that default speaker volume was muted, so you have to bring up the volume in mixer.
CRUNCHBANG comes with Chromium browser, and flash player. Youtbe videos are working without a glitch on my 900 mhz Asus EEE 900.
All in all, if you need a distribution for your asus eee, go with CRUNCHBANG :)

1 komentar:

  1. I have Fuduntu on my eee pc 900 and it is perfect, loaded straight off of the usb key.

    Fuduntu makes this great little laptop even greater!

    OdgovoriIzbriši